Amber Orbs give you access to CXP (Card XP) and as you collect Amber you get more access to Cards in Paragon.
- Amber orbs are always tied to the team that created them. Orbs that are created for the opposing team will be gray/foggy, and while they cannot be picked up, it is possible to deny the other team their Card XP by defending their orbs until they time out.
- When a tower is destroyed, some amount of CXP is automatically awarded to the team that destroyed it. A batch of Amber orbs will also spawn around the area of the destroyed tower, giving the attacking team an opportunity to earn more CXP if they are able to collect the orbs before they timeout.
- Amber orbs remain in the world for 60 seconds. If a player picks up an orb, any nearby friendly players will receive the same amount of CXP that he does. This is to prevent player griefing resulting from "orb stealing".
- Collecting Amber from a Harvester gives the CXP to the entire team.
- If a player is killed, a batch of Amber orbs will spawn nearby the point of his or her death.
- If a minion is killed by a player, it spawns three Amber orbs that immediately move to the player who delivered the killing blow.
- If a minion dies by other means (tower, other minions), two Amber orbs are spawned at the location of death. This means that players who are better at delivering the killing blow on minions should have card level advantage, all other things being equal.